SEAC is thrilled to announce we are hiring for a newly created position, a Community Liaison! Interested in joining our fun team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on Indeed. Job description below. PDF here.
South East Area Coalition
SEAC Community Liaison Description
SEAC promotes quality of life within the Rochester’s south east area by connecting individuals and community partners to essential resources.
The South East Area Coalition, Inc. is a Neighborhood Preservation Company that facilitates community and economic development in southeast Rochester. We help the citizens who live and work in southeast Rochester to accomplish goals and initiatives for their neighborhoods and businesses. We support existing neighborhood and merchant associations, as well as help to organize citizens into groups to generate sought-after results.
The South East Area Coalition is looking for an individual with a strong passion for non-profit work and the desire to strengthen the agency’s mission and programs within its Four Pillars of Focus: Poverty, Neighborhoods/Communities, Children, and Local Businesses.
The position consists of a semi-flexible schedule of 20 hours per week, although some evenings and weekends will be required due to events and meetings.
The Community Liaison reports directly to the Executive Director. This position assists and collaborates with the Fundraising and Outreach Coordinator on related activities, events, and initiatives for the agency.
SEAC Community Liaison Responsibilities
- Assist Fundraising and Outreach Coordinator with multiple events, tables, grants, sponsorships, and general fundraising.
- Represent SEAC at various meetings and events.
- Build relationships and collaborate with community partners, individuals, and associations.
- Oversee projects assigned by ED in relation to SEAC’s Four Pillars.
- Actively participate in and solicit support for SEAC’s various projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Acts as liaison to vendors, donor of goods and services and volunteers.
- Assists Fundraising and Outreach Coordinator with soliciting donations for goods and services from local vendors/individuals to support event needs.
- Advocates SEAC’s Mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SEAC Community Liaison Qualifications and Skills
- Friendly and personable. Ability to work collaboratively with a sense of humor.
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity when faced with challenges.
- Demonstrate willingness to gain additional knowledge in relation to SEAC, its programs, and community partners.
- Flexibility/comfortability working with a diverse group of individuals, personalities, community partners, and associationsin a variety of environments.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Capacity to exert up to 30 pounds of force.
- Endurance to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Required to travel to community meetings in Rochester, mostly in SEAC’s service area.
- Reliable vehicle- able to transport self and others to community events.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends for events and initiatives throughout the year.
- Computer knowledge including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel.
- Knowledge of Canva a plus
- Comfortable with speaking in front of groups and representing SEAC at various events and meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or equivalent a plus.
- Customer service experience.
- Fundraising and community engagement/outreach experience a plus.
Job Type: Part time- 20 hours per week
Date Job Posted: 07/21/2023
Please send resume to: email@example.com